American Ginseng and Cordyceps Herbal Chicken Soup Recipe
1. Wash and clean the chicken. If you are using a whole chicken, keep it whole or cut it into large pieces.
2. Remove some fatty skin and fat from the chicken. Cut the chicken legs in half. Poach the chicken in a pot of boiling water for 30 seconds, then remove and drain. Alternatively, scald the chicken with 9.5pH boiling water.
3. In a large earthen pot, bring Kangen Water to boil. Place the chicken in together with all the other ingredients, except the salt. Reduce heat to simmer (lowest fire) for one and a half hour. Do not replenish anymore water.
4. After one and a half hour, remove from the heat. Discard American Ginseng tea bag and garlic pulp. Next, stir in the salt to your taste and serve hot. If you are using the packet ginseng, take note not to break the bag.
Tonic for qi, promote generation of vital fluids, and strengthen of spleen and lungs. Cordyceps Sinensis is a superior energy tonic. It strengthens the energy of your kidneys, lungs and heart. Good for fatigue, insomnia, incontinence and insomnia.
Once a month or once in two months for whole family to consume.
1. Place the sour plums, hawthorn fruits, licorice root, and tangerine peel in a sieve and rinse them well under running 9.5 Kangen water.
2. Shake them dry and place them in a pot. Pour 4 big cups of 9.5 Kangen water over the dry ingredients and let them soak for at least an hour to soften and extract the flavor.
3. Bring the pot to a full boil. Then, lower the heat to a gentle simmer for about 1 hour. Add in rock sugar and simmer the infusion until the sugar melts; taste and add more if you want.
4. Add the osmanthus blossoms last and turn off fire so that the flavors can steep together. Let the infusion cool to room temperature.
5. Chill it overnight to allow the flavors to develop. Strain and add cold water to make 4 cups, or to taste. Serve chilled.
I simply love this chilled sour plum infusion with osmanthus flower. It’s refreshing and delicious. A slice of licorice root has natural anti-inflammatory properties. However, a possible side effect of licorice root is high blood pressure. If you are having this symptom, go easy with the licorice root.
For Whole Family to consume