American Ginseng and Cordyceps Herbal Chicken Soup Recipe
- 1 fresh chicken or 4 chicken legs
- Supreme American ginseng Tea Bag – 1 packet or 20gm of American ginseng
- 1 Bundle Cordyceps Sinensis
- 1 pulp Garlic (Rinsed)
- 5 seedless Red Dates (Rinsed)
- 20gms Fructus Lycii (Chinese Wolfberries)
- Dried Scallop 3 pieces or Mushroom (Optional)
- 1tsp Sea Salt or to taste
- 1.5litre of 9.5pH Kangen Water
1. Wash and clean the chicken. If using whole chicken, keep it whole or cut it into large pieces. Remove some fatty skin and fat. Cut the chicken legs in half. Poach the chicken in a pot of boiling water for 30 seconds, then remove and drain. Alternatively scald the chicken with 9.5pH boiling water.
2. . In a large earthen pot, bring Kangen Water to boil. Place the chicken together with all the other ingredients except the salt. Reduce heat to simmer (lowest fire) for one and half hours. Do not replenish anymore water. Remove from the heat, discard bag and garlic pulp then stir in the salt to your taste and serve hot. If you are using the packet ginseng, take note not to break the bag.
Tonic for qi, promote generation of vital fluids, and strengthen spleen and lungs. Cordyceps Sinensis is a superior energy tonic. It strengthens the energy of your kidneys, lungs and heart. Fatigue, insomnia, incontinence and insomnia.
Usage :Once a month or once in two months for whole family to consume
Chilled Sour Plum Infusion with Osmanthus Flower Recipe
- 5 to 6 Sour Plum (suanmei)
- 20-25 pieces sliced dried hawthorn fruits (shanzha pian)
- 5-6 pieces sliced dried licorice root (gancao)
- 3 pieces of tangerine peel (chenpi)
- 4 big cups 9.5 Kangen water
- 1 piece of honey rock sugar to taste
- 2 Tbsp of dried osmanthus blossoms (guihua)
1. Place the sour plums, hawthorn fruits, licorice root, and tangerine peel in a sieve and rinse them well under running 9.5 Kangen water. Shake them dry and place them in a pot. Pour 4 big cups 9.5 Kangen water over the dry ingredients and let them soak for at least an hour to soften and extract the flavor.
2. Bring the pot to a full boil, and then lower the heat to a gentle simmer for about 1 hour. Add the rock sugar and and simmer the infusion until the sugar melts; taste and add more if you want. Add the osmanthus blossoms last and turn off fire so that the flavors can steep together, and then let the infusion come to room temperature.
3. Chill it overnight to allow the flavors to develop. Strain and add enough ice water to make 4 cups, or to taste. Serve icy cold without any ice.
I simply loved this chilled sour plums with osmanthus flower. It’s refreshing and delicious. One licorice root benefit is its natural anti-inflammatory properties. However, one possible licorice root side effect is high blood pressure. So if you are having this symptom, go easy with licorice root.
Serving Size : For Whole Family to consume
This post shows the quality of the Enagic-produced Water Ionizers that provide kangen water® to thousands across the world.
Below are some pictures of the Enagic Kangen factory in Japan. Machines are manufactured and assembled to the highest standards possible.